Project Engineer - Special Features
MAIN GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Working in an area of the business that engineers, manufactures and delivers products to meet bespoke customer needs of customisation and personalisation.
Providing customers a luxury enhancement to the current vehicle options across all product lines. The role is responsible for developing new Features from concept to launch across all product lines with matrix responsibility to Project management and also Engineering.
A dynamic candidate is required to lead the design and development of Features according to technical targets, timing and cost for all related project deliverables using internal and/or external resources.
a. Project management of design and engineering, ensuring timely releases for project gateways at correct cost, quality, time.
b. Responsible for generation of detailed timing plans, parts release and change management.
c. Measurement of delivery status with early warning Key Performance Indicators (KPI) systems in place to facilitate any necessary corrective actions or timely escalation.
a. Responsible for supporting the detailed technical development of features across various technology areas. [inc. Exterior Body & Interior Trim, Electrical and Chassis/Powertrain].
b. Flexible approach, able to develop a varying degree of innovative features alongside the relevant Engineer.
c. Responsible for ensuring Engineering requirements are met, limitations understood and sign-off criteria for low-volume projects agreed.
d. Support both internal and external CAD Engineers to advise technically on product design and development with customer and product targets in mind.
e. Responsible for risk-management for low-volume projects.
f. Support design for Manufacture and rollout of production.
g. Responsible for raising & issuing relevant documentation into the company approved systems to the agreed task instruction in line with parts timing targets
a. Key project contact for external development partners/suppliers.
b. Technical concern management supporting root cause analysis.
c. Support sourcing activity and budget management.
d. Ensure suppliers are accountable and deliver to an agreed plan
e. Ability to represent department & client during internal and external meetings, facilitating as required.
Ability to work within a team
a. Manage, monitor and, if necessary expedite, via other functions and/or external design house, activities concerned in the design and delivery of Features.
b. Ability to liaise and co-ordinate across ALL areas of the business supporting the introduction of a Feature.
c. Present detailed information (Technical or Project) in various business environments with ability to propose solutions or make decisions.
Excellent time management and self-organisational skills
a. Responsible for defining and planning own workload - proactive approach with sense of urgency required.
b. Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to urgent unforeseen tasks.
c. UK or overseas travel required on regular basis.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Demonstrable experience in automotive product development programmes.
* Proven track record of successful delivery of vehicle systems/features as a Project Engineer.
* Appropriate knowledge of Engineering and Project Management principles and processes working
* Experience of problem solving tools and able to lead problem resolution initiatives
* Experienced in external supplier management.
* Ability to influence people at all levels.
* Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of self-motivation.
* Experienced in issue management, change management and parts release processes.
PRACTICAL & TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
* Good team player who is self-motivated to deliver good quality products - essential
* Appropriate knowledge of Engineering and Project Management principles and processes working on relevant systems.
* Proven track record of successful delivery of vehicle systems/features to functional, cost, quality and timing targets.
* Broad knowledge of multiple Engineering competencies.
* Ability to think of new/innovative product solutions.
* Highly computer literate and have excellent presentation skills.
Degree or equivalent in Engineering Discipline.
German language desirable.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78799958