Integrity and Materials Engineer
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits.
Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
Our people are key to our success. Our core objective is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration.
This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together, we want to shape the future of energy.
Who we are seekingThe ideal candidate would have hands-on experience in some or all of the following:
•Power plant principles, particularly in the area of conventional boilers, heat recovery steam generators and associated piping systems.
• Knowledge of power plant outage inspections and development risk based inspection strategies.
• On-site inspection and defect assessment of high temperature, high pressure power plant components.
• Detailed knowledge of power plant materials and their degradation and failure mechanisms. steels, nickel alloys, welds, advanced hot gas path materials and coatings.
• Provision of advice on aspects of metallurgy, welding and integrity/defect assessment.
• Failure investigation of a variety of power plant components.
• Experience with component integrity assessment.
• Pressure Systems compliance (Pressure Systems Safety Regulations / Competent Person Role).
• Coal/Oil/Gas/Nuclear and Renewable Power Plant.
What we offer:
What we are looking forThe candidate will be responsible for undertaking some of the following:
•Failure investigations of power plant components including high pressure vessels and piping, gas and steam turbines, wind turbines, etc.
• Development of risk based inspection strategies, inspection planning, and provision of on-site inspection and life/defect assessment of power plant components (including Pressure Systems Safety Regulations advice).
• Where appropriate, provide advice on all aspects of materials, metallurgy, coatings, welding and integrity/defect assessment.
• Develop engineering solutions for welding and weld repairs, metallurgical assessment and acceptance of inspections, as well as provision and review of weld specifications.
• Plant status/due diligence assessments, operational studies (for example flexible operation), plant failure investigations, plant inspections and subsequent Integrity Assessment.
• R&D including life extension of materials in existing power plants, advanced materials for new and next generation power plant, plant condition monitoring and assessment methods.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78629524