My client manufacture automotive parts for various OEM's within the automotive industry, and are now looking to recruit a Process Engineer for their manufacturing plant in Wiltshire,
The main function of the role is to research, develop and implement new production processes and techniques. Specify, design, and validate new manufacturing processes, equipment and automated cells.
The role of Process Development Engineer will report to the Assembly Process Team Leader.
- Research & development of new manufacturing processes and techniques
- Specify, design, and validate new manufacturing processes, equipment and automated assembly cells.
- Develop SOR's and liaise with external suppliers and internal departments for supplier selection
- Design and validate assembly tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Support of multi discipline teams for new product designs from prototype through to production.
- Launch of new products into manufacture with maximum efficiency and minimal disruption.
- To ensure that all relevant APQP documentation is completed in accordance with project timings.
- To ensure that all new equipment meet the relevant current Health & Safety legislation.
- To provide training & instruction to manufacturing & prototype personnel for all new processes & equipment during product development & productionisation.
- Continuous improvement of current assembly process and production machines.
- Lean Manufacturing, including SMED, 6 sigma, Kaizen and 7 wastes
- Line balance and time studies
- Problem Solving and D.o.E.
- FMEA, SPC and capability analysis
- Value Engineering
- Tool design and materials selection
- Experienced in CAD
- Ability to communicate and present effectively
- Ability to lead projects from concept to production
- Process automation including robot and plc programming
In return my client offer a competitive salary and benefits including 25 days holiday, pension etc
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78471375