Apprentice Service Desk Analyst
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Apprentice Service Desk Analyst X 5
Bournville, Birmingham- Laburnum House
Full-time Apprenticeship (Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm)
£210 per week (National Minimum Wage for age applies)
Baltic Training and Serco are delighted to be in partnership to recruit 5 Apprentice Service Desk Analyst’s to join an existing IT department based in Bournville, Birmingham! This exciting opportunity comes due to the continued success of Serco, who are a service and outsourcing company with experience of delivering essential public services for more than 40 years!
If you are a pro-active, well-organised, self-motivated individual with a methodical approach to problem solving and excellent customer service skills then this is the role for you!
A wise man once said, “The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow”. Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and break down barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in a way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you’re looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
Working on a multi-client Service Desk, the Apprentice Service Desk Analyst will perform a first line IT support and incident management function within the Service Desk, providing support to local government, public and commercial sector customers. This role focuses solely on the Service Desk throughout the Apprenticeship.
Duties include, although are not limited to:
- To provide a customer focused service with a strong sense of quality and a desire for delivering service excellence.
- Oversee the execution of tasks assigned and to work well with own/ client teams to remove any obstacles.
- Set and meet customer (internal and external) expectations, promising only that which can be delivered.
- Identify new opportunities within own area and appropriately engage client or manager in the pursuit of such opportunities.
- Provide innovative, workable solutions / plans for take on and continued delivery of the service.
- Answer all contacts within contractual SLA’s and meet all other SLA and KPI targets.
- Ensure communication delivered to users is accurate, appropriate and high-quality.
- Ensure that all incoming contacts are logged, diagnosed and escalated to appropriate and consistent quality standards.
- Deliver to first level resolution targets and improve on first level resolution.
- Deliver to remote resolution targets and improve on remote resolution.
- Triage contacts to support teams and escalation areas as required.
- Be responsible for delivering a high-quality IT support service in line with target SLAs.
Training to be Provided:
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Network Fundamentals MTA
- Mobility & Device MTA
- Cloud Fundamentals MTA
- Business Processes
- Coding and Logic
- External Assessment, Synoptic Project and Overview
Skills and Qualifications required:
- 5 Grade GCSE’s A*- C, including English and Maths or equivalent
- Strong telephone confidence & manner to respond to queries
- Adhere to all other Serco policies, procedures, work instructions, local and contractual obligations
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Logical thinker and problem solver
- Full SC Clearance or eligibility to obtain and sustain
The future is bright:
This is a 12 month fixed term contract, with the opportunity to progress onto the next stage if eligible.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £210 per week (National Minimum Wage for age applies)
- Full-time Apprenticeship (Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm)
Location and Travel:
Accessible via local public-transport links, the role is based at Serco’s site in Bournville, Birmingham.
About Baltic Training:
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and Training Provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need. So that’s exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now!
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78451364