Junior Software Technician Apprentice - 05215
Computer programming is one of the fastest growing occupations currently, Start your career in this exciting industry now!
Baltic Training and Galleos are thrilled to be recruiting for a Junior Software Technician Apprentice to join their team in Leeds. Established in 2008, Galleos design, develop and manufacture bespoke and in-house products for the internet of things and specialise in HGV Tracking and asset Tracking! Due to their ongoing success and growth they are now seeking an individual with great customer service and a passion for software testing to join their expanding development team.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement. If you are ready to earn more, you are ready to start an apprenticeship with Baltic Training
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Checking software systems and programmes for any coding errors
- Assisting senior software engineers with the coding writing
- Checking electronics devices
- Testing existing code to ensure that it runs smoothly and without any errors
- Product and data entry onto the system
- Work with coding languages such as HTML, CSS , C# and PHP
Training to be provided:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Software Development.
- Software Development Environment, Roles and Structure.
- Software Data, Interfaces & Security.
- Software Development Processes.
- Developing Code Using Good Practices & Logic.
- Software Development Requirements.
- Functional Skills; ICT, Maths and English Level 2.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Good team player
- Keen interest in Software
- Passion for software testing
- It is desirable that you will have a knowledge of CSS and C#
- It is desirable you will have knowledge of C# and PHP
- Passion and experience in writing code
- Passion and experience testing code
- Customer Service Experience
- Excellent Telephone manner
- Experience of writing and designing a web site/game/app
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £182 per week
- Full time (40 hours per week) 9.00AM - 5.30PM
Location and travel.
This role is located in Bramley Leeds near Morrison's and is only a 5 minute walk away from Bramley Train station, the role is also accessible via a whole range of public transport routes including the 49,14 and 91 bus and there is a free onsite car park for those who drive.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employees need.
So that's exactly what we help them do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the recruitment consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78674904