Support the Project Manager in the preparation of Project Management documentation to:
* Define and control the setting up of the project
* Manage and control the delivery phase
* To record and close out actions from the various delivery management meetings
* Ensuring that all work is delivered in accordance with the Project Procedures
* Support the PM in the preparation of Project Management templates and procedures
* Liaison with the delivery team and preparation of the Monthly Report
* Prepare Agenda and Minutes for project meetings
* Progress closure of actions to ensure minimum ongoing actions at meetings
* Co-ordination of preparation of Internal Early Warning Notices (IEWN's) and supporting information
* Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more-diverse project.
* Prepares, or directs preparation and modification of, reports, specifications, drawings, plans, schedules, environmental impact studies etc.
* Follow company QMS standards and procedures while delivering projects and ensure others follow them in the production of all deliverables.
* Ensure coordination with and between all engineering and related disciplines to produce integrated engineering deliverables
* Monitor and report on the progress and financial performance of the works including the application of KPIs and their analysis
* Safe delivery of project scope and compliance with all SHE requirements
* Ensure project changes are properly recorded by the application of company change control procedure.
* Communicate professionally, effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
* Ensure the PM/SPM is fully informed of the project status and of any shortfalls or potential shortfalls as they arise or become apparent
* The job requires understanding and application of safety legislation and Nuvia safety procedures; IOSH Managing Safely qualification is a requirement
* Frequent travel to Clients, construction sites and suppliers is required, with some longer term assignments to locations away from the home office possible.
Our client is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence, oil & gas, and science & research industries. Our expertise has been developed over many years and is backed up by a highly trained, committed workforce and a wide range of specialist resources.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* 5 years mechanical project engineering experience.
* Engineering, or other technical/science based, degree or HNC/HND level qualification with some experience.
* SC clearance or the ability to achieve this status.
* A full UK driver's license
* Direct and demonstrable experience of involvement in the provision and management of engineering projects in front end design and/or design & build projects.
* Knowledge of planning and project control methods and analysis
* A background gained in a technical environment working for clients from across the industry
* Demonstrable experience in a Project Engineering role in the management and delivery of the design of process / materials handling plants.
* Proven track record within a complex project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
* Good understanding of project management tools and their appropriate utilisation.
* Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Membership of a professional institution (engineering/project management) and working towards CEng or equivalent
* Involvement in large project teams of multi-discipline engineers
* Engineering or Project Management experience delivering different forms of contract
* Degree qualified in an engineering or related subject. APM introductory certificate (or equivalent)
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78521153