Lead Engineer - Embedded Software
Lead Engineer - Embedded Software - Bath - £ DOE
Our client is a global leader in automotive products and is seeking a Lead Engineer - Embedded Software to develop new automotive anti-vibration technology to meet customer requirements and project objectives.
The Lead Engineer - Embedded software will work in accordance with automotive and ISO design processes and internal quality systems, through full and efficient exploitation of company and supplier resources.
The role involves:
- Integration of in-house, customer and supplier project activities relating to software development, validation and production implementation.
- Manage software development consultants.
- Review and interpretation of customer specifications.
- Supporting customer reviews.
- Preparation and version control of software, documentation, specifications and test plans.
- Design of embedded software using appropriate methodologies.
- Defining software interfaces for 3rd party software developers.
- Developing, testing and debugging real-time software implementing the patented vibration cancellation algorithm.
- Develop design of AUTOSAR architecture.
- Supporting reviews of hardware design and vehicle testing activities.
- Coordination of prototype, development and pre-production activities including integration and verification within the complete system.
- Experience of managing a software development team over the full software product lifecycle.
- Experience of software quality requirements and revision control / tracking.
- Proficient in C/C++ implementation, test and debug for real-time applications running on embedded microprocessors.
- Familiarity with MISRA C/C++ Coding guidelines.
- Experience in Automotive SPICE or CMMI process.
- Development of AUTOSAR compliant software running on an OSEK operating system (eg. MICROSAR)
The Lead Engineer - Embedded Software will be required to continuously assess the engineering resource needed to meet the project timing. Whilst maintaining a high level of communication with the customer on engineering matters related to the current projects and products.
The role also involves understanding the commercial significance of projects and the importance of controlling costs and meeting customer project-approval objectives.
Suitably qualified and experienced Embedded Software Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78684426