Regional Sales Engineer
Regional Sales Engineer
Patch & location: West Midlands, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire and Staffordshire
- £35,000 - £45,000, OTE £50,000
- Expensed car or car allowance £525 per month
- Phone and laptop
- 25 days, matched pension, health care and life assurance
ATA Recruitment is recruiting for one of the UK’s market leaders in the design and manufacture of mechanical pumping systems sold to end users within sectors such as Water, Environmental, Oil & Gas and General Engineering.
This multi-million-pound organisation boasts an annual turnover in-excess of £50m with over 6 UK sites.
Because of recent growth and success, they now have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Regional Sales Engineer for the West Midlands to manage and grow approximately £500,000 worth of aftermarket business.
Regional Sales Engineer – West Midlands
- Reporting to the Sales Manager your role will be home based 1 day per week and 4 days’ field based visiting customers face to face.
- A mixture of new business and proactive account management - 70% of your time will be spent with current or existing customers and 30% new customer generation.
- You will inherit a region worth c£500,000 to manage and to grow, typically 15% organic growth year on year.
- Selling a range of rotating equipment (pumps) to end users within sectors such as general manufacturing, power, water and oil & gas however, this is not limited.
- Your average order values will range from £2,000 to £75,000 aftermarket (MRO – maintenance, repair & overhaul) agreements.
- Prospecting for new clients as well as managing existing relationships.
- You will have complete ownership of the sales process selling MRO services.
- Meeting clients, having a tour of their facility, identify issues with their equipment, selling aftermarket services, networking and fact finding around the client’s needs.
- Producing costed quotes, agreeing service prices / T&C’s and closing the sale.
- Mainly targeting end users speaking with Maintenance Engineers, Maintenance Managers, Plant Managers and Operations Managers.
Experience and background required:
- A proven track record in selling rotating equipment or systems (pumps, valves, compressors, pipes, process plant, fluid systems but not limited).
- Minimum HNC / HND or degree in mechanical engineering is highly desirable.
- You must be a confident communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You must also demonstrate excellent relationship building skills with a passion for new business sales.
Working for a large and financially secure organisation, you will benefit from an intense training course (hands on) to get you up to speed, a competitive salary with the added benefit of working for a company with a very low staff turnover.
The region long-term has great potential to become a £1 million+ region. Success in this role will be dictated by your performance where you could see yourself being promoted into a Product or Market Specialist Sales Engineer / Manager.
How to Apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78287435