Household Claims Handler
The role of a Household Claims Handler - Insurance:
Our Household Claims Handlers are the face and the voice of our business when it comes to helping our customers.
At Tesco Underwriting we provide top quality customer service and this is where you come in! We can offer you a busy, fast paced environment which allows you to grow and develop within your role.
Our Claims Handlers, manage the beginning of a claim right through to the end ensuring they contact details of our customers situation. With an in depth knowledge of our insurance product (full training will be provided) and utilising your listening skills you will ensure our customer is able to make an informed decision.
The opening hours of the department are between 8.00 and 21.30 Monday to Sunday. You'll be given a shift rota to help you maintain a good work life balance.
Main Responsibilities of a Household Claims Handler:
- Providing excellent customer service, when dealing with our customers claims, when our customers need it most.
- Dealing with claims in the correct manner to move the claim towards settlement.
- Consistently handling a large volume of calls to a high standard.
- Dealing with all calls professionally and efficiently and getting it right first time.
- Identifying indicators of fraud and using techniques to decide if the claim can be progressed or needs to be referred.
- Settling and negotiating specific aspects of the claim during the initial call.
What makes a good Household Claims Handler:
- Previous customer service experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to build a strong rapport with customers.
- Keen listening skills to make sure we capture the correct details - first time.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new systems.
At Tesco Underwriting we value our customers, but we also value you!
- Flexible annual bonus
- Enjoy 23 days’ holiday rising to 25 days (with the option to buy an additional 5 days each year).
- Personalised career plan giving you the ability to drive your own development including funding for Nationally recognised qualifications.
- Competitive pension scheme, a car lease scheme, onsite parking, life and health benefits.
- A selection of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle including discounts on Tesco products as well as other retailers.
- Lots more.....
Tesco Underwriting (TU) is a partnership between Ageas (UK) and Tesco Bank, with Ageas (UK) owning 50.1% and Tesco Bank 49.9%. Our primary focus is to underwrite Tesco Bank branded car and home insurance policies, and provide a claims service to our customers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78525590