Field Service Engineer
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to work for my client; a highly successful, global business specialising in Heavy Equipment, Machinery, Power Generation & more.
I am looking for candidates who have been apprentice trained and served as a workshop engineer for a significant period of time. You will have experience of working with a variety of construction and static machines along with knowledge of carrying out field based diagnosis and the use of equipment that goes with this.
- Provide an estimate of arrival time at customer's site in response to service request based on the job instructions from Branch giving details of customer location, machine, contact name and nature of problem and current work situation.
- Contact customer's site management in order to register arrival and presence on site and ensure knowledge of customer procedures so as to comply with customer's site requirements.
- Identify the parts required to carry out the repair and requisition any parts and determine expected time of delivery so that a date and time of any necessary service re-visit can be agreed with customer.
- Undertake repair and service work on the machine to the agreed work plan, removing and despatching components for specialist attention and re-installing the original or replacement, to bring the machine up to the required standards.
- Inspect and test completed machine to ensure unit is operating to expected performance levels, reporting any further defects or suspect conditions to the customer to support the ongoing operational effectiveness of the machine.
- Complete all service reports and warranty documentation to enable the correct and timely charging of the customer and suppliers.
This is a fantastic development opportunity for a qualified apprentice and/or an experienced service engineer.You will be field based and will be supplied with your own company van to use.
This positon will be home based and my client is flexible on your location, depending on your proximity to my clients site in either Slough or Essex you will visit the workshop regularly either daily or weekly.
Contracted working hours will be an 8 hour day with the opportunity to work overtime for the driven and motivated engineers!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this global, market leading business!
If you hold the relevant skills and experience, please apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78596074