The company provides supply chain integration to global OEMs in the automotive industry. The role will be based from Coventry with extensive travel to Europe and other Arlington locations and customer sites. This role is to support the start up of a Slovakian Plant, overseeing the co-ordination of the project engineering function and continuing to execute customer requirements in Slovakia.
Summary of Position
The Project Engineer is responsible for coordinating all Slovakian project elements including engineering design, quality planning, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases as well as ensuring the project remains within budget in order to meet the requirements of the customer’s needs. They will work on many phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of moderate complexity, with results impacting on project completion. They will predominantly be self-managed with regular reports back to the Senior Project Engineer and Engineering Manager at project milestones and/or project completion.
- Coordinate all project elements including planning, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases ensuring that it is managed within budget and tracked against project timing plan as well as any other relevant KPIs for the project.
- Work closely with the customers in the UK and Slovakia to allow you to react quickly and track any changes in specification, while being present at customer premises/meetings to provide reports/project progress in line with APQP requirements.
- Manage Customer and internal Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and participate in Part Approval Process (PPAP) processes
- Define the customer specification into either a departmental action or sub-supplier order and manage the project requirements and resources (including sourcing sub-contract elements) around these while tracking progress through and being able to present updates where required.
- Produce deliverables on-time to customer requirements, clarifying these requirements where necessary
- Effectively analyse customer and internal changes, including feasibility study
- Apply specific technical skills as required to support customer or colleagues and assist design verification and sign off reporting.
- Produce clear, focused and understandable explanations for change requests (PPCN) and accurately cost any change in specification.
- Anticipate any potential project risks, identifying and establishing corrective actions and performing root cause analysis to resolve problems.
- Participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analyse (PFMEA), quality history reviews, robustness studies, etc.
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
- Undertake special projects as required
- Proactively seek out opportunities for new or repeat business
- Contribute/undertake to continuous improvement activities, both in terms of the business and personally (training & development as well as staying up to date with Engineering trends and industry news).
- Independently determine approach and assigned tasks
Qualifications/Training, Knowledge & Skills Required for Role
- Slovak speaking is desirable but not essential
- Direct Engineering experience essential (Mechanical, electrical), inc ability to understand core Engineering principles, understanding technical drawings and requirements from legislation and relevant standards
- Good experience in automotive (OEM) desirable
- Strong Customer Service skills; ability to make and maintain good relationships with customers at various levels of seniority.
- Good Team working skills; able to get on with immediate colleagues as well as working collaboratively with other departments, suppliers and other service providers
- Good organisational skills; able to work to deadlines while controlling costs and meeting KPI requirements
- Good communication skills; verbal and written with customers and colleagues as well as presentation skills to internal and external groups.
- Project Management experience (across different groups and locations)
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Sound working knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Advanced IT skills (MS Excel, Project)
- Self-Confident and determined; able to be assertive and make difficult decisions when required.
- Proactive; makes positive contributions to the team.
- Engaging and collaborative and able to bring other parties on board.
- Conscientious; maintains high quality in all they do and finishes jobs to the best of their ability.
- Reliable and honest
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78357543