Would you like to take on a role that allows you to take ownership of your work, and get rewarded for your contribution and commitment?
Do you have experience of working within a credit control environment?
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team in our business based in Marlow. This role is a permanent position for an experienced Credit Controller who is looking for an end to end Credit Control vacancy.
Working alongside the Credit Manager and team you will play a key role in reducing the Debtor Ledger balances through the effective management of relationships and communications with our customers.
In addition to dealing with customer queries and payments you will be responsible for the production and sending of statements, ad-hoc sales ledger duties and working closely with internal and external stakeholder to manage debt.
- To take an active role in reducing Debt, improve Cash flow and offer an exemplary level of customer service.
- Owning, professionally handling and successfully closing all customer service enquiries.
- Overseeing the timely collection of service charges and associated credit control.
- Maintaining effective contact with customers to ensure invoices are clear for payment.
- Proactively resolving queries both internally and externally with regard to outstanding invoices and applications.
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments.
- Processing Applications for payment and monitoring future payments.
- Providing the required supporting information for Credit Referrals.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all cases.
- To contribute as an individual within a structured finance team and be able to manage priorities and deliver team objectives.
Additional Salary Info: Annual Bonus Scheme, Company Pension Scheme
Credit Control | Credit | Debt | Finance | Customer Service | Representative | Debtors
- Educated to A level (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a Credit Control function (or similar).
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
- Prior experience of maintaining a Debtors List.
- Strong interpersonal skills including goal orientated, action focused, pragmatic, and disciplined
- Possess strong communication and influencing skills both written and spoken. An ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely at all levels.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach and the ability to show initiative and work independently.
- Flexibility and adaptable, with the skills to carry out a range of software tasks.
- Ability to deal with difficult and demanding stakeholders and maintain a calm and positive attitude.
- An excellent team player who is flexible and have empathy with team members.
- Able to be a credible representative of the company with in-depth knowledge of business processes.
- Previous experience and a good knowledge of the postal industry and its regulatory environment.
- ICM Qualification or working towards it.
- Prior experience using Navision.
About Our Company:
We are the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.
About The Finance Team
We are a small, close knit team that support each other, working collaboratively to deliver first class service. Lead by our Senior Financial Controller, our teams are divided into 4 key transactional functions, treasury, accounts payable, credit control and payroll. We are not a typical finance department. For starters we are not dull or boring, we are forward thinking and innovative and we take pride in delivering and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer, as well as keeping a close eye on the Whistl purse strings because our core fundamental belief is that every successful business needs strong financial management that enables them to make good business decisions. And that is what we do best.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78300315