Management & Cost Accountant
Are you an experienced Cost/Management Accountant who is looking for an opportunity to bring your accountancy skills to an innovative, flexible, and dynamically growing organisation?
With established and continued solid growth, Sellers Global Engineers offer a bespoke niche product within the Carpet and Textiles sector. Maintaining a global infrastructure to support sales around the world, we pride ourselves on manufacturing in UK at our facilities in Huddersfield.
Due to company turnover increasing, we are now seeking a Cost/Management Accountant to join our management Team.
- Supporting the Managing Director in the control of all cost data, you will hold and be able to apply a solid understanding of all manufacturing accounting processes, such as cost analysis, monthly reporting and forecast/budget preparation.
- Providing monthly management accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Setting up and maintaining standard costing system within the business, whilst working closely with the manufacturing team.
- Implementing strategies, best practices and process improvements in order ensure efficient control and reporting of variances within the company.
- Full or part time
- Production of monthly management accounts to a strict timetable and providing review points for monthly meeting.
- Detailed analysis of expenses and variances.
- Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved.
- Dealing with departmental queries relating to the monthly management accounts.
- Preparing budgets / cash flow, monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- Co-ordinating internal and external audits.
- Preparation of monthly manufacturing data for use in management accounts
- Developing and building process controls for all major activities of the business, including; inventory movements, order to cash and standard costs.
- Inventory management and reporting, including stock valuation/revaluation and carrying out the annual inventory review.
- Control of stock obsolescence and disposal
- Reporting revenue margins and reviewing quotations.
- Maintaining the standard costing system, covering material, labour and overheads.
- Analysing variances, covering PPV, usage and others.
- Assisting with cost-down programmes and monthly reporting.
- Ad hoc duties for the factory, such as; supplier contact, local legislation, etc.
Skills / Experience
- Fully/part qualified accounting professional ideally CIMA; at a minimum we will consider a Graduate who has made progress towards completing a relevant accountancy qualification.
- Proven experience working in a manufacturing environment, with an understanding of the manufacturing process and standard costs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing and production of spread sheets and reports.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Practical experience of MRP/ERP systems and standard costing.
- MS excel advanced skills.
- Experience of SAGE accounting is expected and SAGE Manufacturing would be a distinct advantage.
- Well-motivated, dependable individual with a “Can do” attitude who is highly productive in cost accounting; both as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- Highly numerate and diligent individual with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, who is able to work through complex issues in a methodical manner to meet deadlines and manage their time effectively.
- Confident and credible when working with internal and external groups at all levels.
- Will present to the board of directors on a monthly basis, management accounts.
If successful, you will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package, including free on-site parking & full study support for those who wish to receive it.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78526609