A very well established, rapidly growing manufacturing company are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant for a minimum 10-12 month maternity cover contract. The successful candidate will become a valued member of this Scunthorpe based finance team and will report directly to the Financial Controller. The main duties of the Financial Accountant role will be;
- Production of the Monthly Management Accounts, including reconciliations, variance analysis and accounts preparation for the group, up to final TB level for review
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Preparation of weekly KPI reports and job costing analysis to support decisions and drive cost control
- Preparation of the VAT return, EC Sales and Statutory reporting
- Cashflow forecasting and management
- Monthly invoice discounting reconciliations
- Assisting with the yearend accounts
- Assist with budgets and forecasting process
- Investigating variances, highlighting risks and driving efficiencies
- Assisting with system improvements to enhance analysis and reporting
- Ad hoc project work and financial analysis as required
This is the ideal opportunity for candidates looking to gain exciting exposure within a growing organisation - you will be AAT qualified or actively studying mid to late stages CIMA/ACCA. The successful candidate will have proven management and financial accounts experience working within either manufacturing or engineering and will have worked for an SME business. You must also be proactive, tenacious and IT literate, specifically in excel. You will have a passion for continuous improvement and support with driving improved reporting.
On offer is an attractive salary and benefits package working for a fast paced business during an exciting period of change and growth. There is therefore a real chance for the role to go longer term for the right person who proves themselves.
You will be available to commence on a short notice.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78346564