Senior Litigator- Retail- Liverpool
Keoghs Retail Team is seeking to recruit a Senior Litigator to assist the existing members in the in Liverpool office. This a diverse role with opportunities to work on a mixed caseload for a variety of high profile retail and insurance clients.
Keoghs is one of the leading providers of claims-related services to insurers, businesses and other suppliers to the insurance sector. We combine proven processes, technology and a low cost infrastructure with deep legal and insurance market knowledge. This enables us to create individual solutions for each of our clients that match their requirements in terms of quality, performance and value for money.
This role will involve working closely with Senior Partners and Pre Litigation team on a variety of Multi Track and high value cases for Major retailers and Insurance groups.
The successful candidate will be involved in both Litigated and Pre-Litigated EL/PL cases as well as Liability Disputes and Quantum. They will also have the opportunity to be involved with historic child abuse cases within the team’s child abuse action group.
• Handling own mixed caseload
• Assisting Associates and Senior members of the team
• Supporting Senior partners with supervision of the team operationally and technically
• Liaising with the Insurers and Retailers
• Dealing with disclosure
• Reviewing evidence
• Conducting investigations
• Drafting generally
• Dealing with routine correspondence
• Instructing Counsel/investigators/medical and other experts
• Review and/or report re exchange of evidence
• To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011 and relevant Service Standards
The above is not a definitive list of possible work which may be delegated.
Essential Skills & Attributes
• Experience in a similar role
• Experience handling high value cases
• Previous experience of supervising is preferable
• Strong IT skills
• Good telephone negotiation skills
• An ability to prioritise workload
• An ability to communicate in writing and prepare succinct and concise reports
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to work with case management systems
What You Can Expect From Us
•A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
•Excellent flexible benefits including Annual leave entitlement and Healthcare Cash Plan as standard
Standard 35 hour week
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation
Strictly no agencies please
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78316399