Embedded Software Engineer/Developer
New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer/Developer (FPGA / SoC) to join their growing team based in Oldham, Manchester. In return, they offer a highly competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
They’re a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. They’ve over 380 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 180 based in their state-of-the-art head office.
They strive to be the best at what they do and are proud of their track record of innovation and growth, so it’s great to be recognised for their achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
You’ll find them on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on our doorstep. On-site they’ve modern, open-plan offices, a rapid prototype workshop and development laboratory, which along with their friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer/Developer. This specific role is within their imaging biometrics brand, Image Capture, where you’ll design and develop FPGA and embedded based systems for these products, which will include implementing cutting edge computer vision algorithms on the FPGA fabric.
This role would suit a proven Embedded Software Engineer/Developer from an electronic engineering, control systems or embedded software background, and requires an individual who’s accustomed to working in a fast paced and innovative environment with embedded technologies on bare metal and/or embedded Linux operating systems.
- Develop innovative systems utilising Xilinx SoC devices
- Implement computer vision algorithms and image processing systems on FPGAs
- Autonomously design, develop and integrate embedded and Linux systems
- Interact with Linux kernel, framework, and integrate new device drivers
- Working alongside a large, multi-disciplined team of Scientists, Engineers and Developers to create and continuously improve their cutting edge products
Your Skills & Experience
- HNC, HND, Degree, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering or a related subject, would be desirable
- Experience as a Embedded Software Engineer/Developer or similar, programming FPGAs is essential. This can be one of: Verilog, VHDL, or any high level synthesis system
- Experience with Xilinx SoC devices, specifically the Zynq platform, and experience of Vivado would be desirable
- Embedded development, using C, C++ with knowledge of hardware and low-level development is essential
- Experience with embedded Linux writing and developing kernel device drivers would be a distinct advantage
- Working in a fast-paced hardware development team environment
- Use of git or similar for source control and auto build/test/deploy
Your Package & Perks
- Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on suitability and experience
- Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from our client
- Flexible working hours and working from home available, to fit around personal commitments, with the option to finish from midday on Fridays
- Paid breaks, lounge style canteens and games tables, with free fruit and hot premium drinks
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance, with the opportunity to earn extra days holiday
- Private Healthcare Scheme available for you (as benefit in kind), and the option to add family members
- Educational Sponsorship, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Informal dress code, free onsite modern gym, free secure parking, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
If you’re an experienced Embedded Software Engineer/Developer looking to join a team operating at the centre of a dynamic, expanding state-of-the-art electronics manufacturer, they want to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78639219