Field Service Engineer
We now have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our fast growing and highly successful team.
The field service engineer will travel to the resident site and complete all PPM and reactive break downs on all automated materials handling equipment such as conveyors, ASRS, cranes and pick and place systems . They provide a broad based electrical, mechanical, FM and software technical ability along with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site's performance.
Based on our customer sites, the Field Service Engineer must represent the companies image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
This role is predominately a Monday - Friday days role but will require to have a level of flexibility as there maybe time that you have to work nights, weekends and stay away from home . The basic package is £36,288 plus shift allowance of £5,849 and call out allowance of £3,287, Van, fuel card, mobile, and laptop.
Desired Skills & Experience
- ONC /BTEC or equivalent in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical or PLC Engineering.
- A recognised apprenticeship in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Recognised cross training from Mechanical to Electrical Engineering of vice versa.
- PLC knowledge and experience is advantageous.
- Health and Safety qualifications desirable.
- Experience of automated materials handling equipment is desirable
- Ability to work at height.
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills desirable
- Proactive's automation team successfully appoint professionals at varying levels of seniority, from hands on engineers through to Management and Director level appointments. With a dedicated team of specialist consultants, we have a successful track record with our clients, partnering with them to cover a wide range of skill sets.
Proactive Company Description
Proactive's automation team successfully appoint professionals at varying levels of seniority, from hands on engineers through to Management and Director level appointments. With a dedicated team of specialist consultants, we have a successful track record with our clients, partnering with them to cover a wide range of skill sets.
Good team working skills. Our Automation division is a market leader in this specialist industry with outstanding relationships across the UK. Our focus is purely on the Automation sector - with a specific focus on the following markets:
- Automated warehousing
- Parcel & postal
- Machine building
- Water, waste management & recycling
- Theme parks
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please contact Matthew Crate-Fox on 01784 434 319 or submit your CV to . Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between £100-500. *T&Cs apply
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78596097