Electrical Lab Test Technician
Role: Electrical Laboratory Test Technician
Location: Chester, North West UK
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical laboratory test technician to join our client based in Chester. If you have experience working within a laboratory / 17025, testing environment and ideally an HNC in either Electrical or Electronic Engineering please get in touch. We would also like to hear from candidates who have completed their apprenticeship within Electrical / Electronic Engineering NVQ Level 3. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business and enter into the testing engineering industry.
- To test products, following documented test procedures and standards while working to deadlines.
- A good understanding of testing to relevant national/international standards.
- Awareness of calibration and maintenance of test equipment in a specialised technical environment.
- Preparation of customer test reports.
- Performing the above whilst meeting the requirements of the laboratory's UKAS accreditation and Health and Safety Policies.
- HNC or served apprenticeship with mechanical, electrical disciplines; Engineering based NVQ Level 3 or relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment conducting testing, working to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 or working within a test Lab would be an advantage.
- You must have an understanding of the safety aspects of test procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to the work, together with excellent written and verbal communication (English) together and a good level of computer literacy. Ability to write detailed technical reports would be beneficial.
- A strong desire to learn and identify/rectify problems
- Ability to multi-task and positively manage changes to workload
- Work independently and well as part of a team
- Positive, proactive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Required to move and lift heavy samples and test equipment
Keywords: Electrical, Electronic, Laboratory, Test Technician, 17025, HNC, UKAS, Test Engineer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78356894