Contract Project Engineer
Contract Type: 6 months Temp
Job Elements: -
• Interface with customer engineering to establish design goals and make design recommendations for assigned programs. Establish and document other customer design criteria
• Work with Designer to develop necessary design drawings using either customer-generated or internally generated data. Ensure technical feasibility of design and bill of materials versus customer specification. Ensure that the product design meets all customer requirements.
• Develop product specifications as required.
• Work with Manufacturing Engineer to develop production tooling and equipment specifications. Transfer knowledge of lessons learned through prototype builds to Manufacturing Engineer for application to production tooling and equipment. Work with designer and Manufacturing Engineer to ensure design meets design for manufacture requirements.
• Develop and maintain DFMEA, , control plans and other applicable APQP documentation at the direction of the Program Manager. Participate in APQP core team meetings.
• Coordinate distribution, communication and implementation of all engineering changes in accordance with procedures.
• Coordinate all product validation testing as required. Ensure compliance with validation and product test requirements.
• Support prototype manufacturing groups to supply prototype parts / assemblies to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Provide technical support to customer, including on-site support at customer location(s) and potentially for extended periods.
• Lead technical problem solving activities with support from cross function team.
What the company are seeking in the successful candidate: -
• Automotive manufacturing sector experience.
• Ideally experience of dealing directly with OEMs
• Engineering Qualification (degree) or Time served Apprentice
• Experience in using CAD
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good conceptual capabilities and project management skills
• Good comprehension for finance and sales procedures and their feasibility.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75055664