Technical Data Engineer
A great opportunity for a Technical Data Engineer for our client in the aerospace sector based on their site in Filton.
In the frame of our clients Customers Services, Technical Data Systems, the job holder accountable for the following activities:
- Technical/Authoring activities
- Subcontracting activities management
- Validation & Verification activities
- Design criteria management
- Customer relationship & support
for the production and support of the Maintenance & Material related products (e.g. AMM, TSM, IPC, etc.), to enable the safe and efficient accomplishment of aircraft maintenance adapted to customer needs.
- Ensure and maintain compliance with EASA/FAA regulations (ICA process) and EN9100 for the own technical scope and perimeter of responsibility.
- Using of the technical expertise to manage all authoring activities for the own technical scope of the jobholder.
- Technical focal point for other domains and companies (design office & customer services & subcontracting companies & suppliers).
- Assess aircraft design criteria (e.g. Service Bulletin, Customer Originate Change, MPM, drawings) for technical manual impact. Collect all associated necessary source data from design office, component manufacturers and suppliers (RSP, NSP).
- Alert in case of non identified impact on others ATA chapters or manuals respective work sharing partner in other domains or local lines.
- Define product manual revision/creation target and ensure associated deliverable follow up.
- Writing of maintenance or trouble shooting or material or wiring procedures.
- Manage A/C configuration at A/C MSN level for all written procedures in order to ensure that our clients Technical Data accurately reflects the aircraft configuration.
- Ensure program tasks harmonization.
- Ensure source data verification for coherence and technical consistency.
SUBCONTRACTING ACTIVITIES MANAGEMENT
- Manage Technical Data & Services Subcontracted Activities in accordance to AP2539 with support of business operations department, quality focal point or others as necessary at ATA or workpackage level.
- Ensure information flow of referential revision/creation on subcontractor’s side.
- Focal point of contact in all matters for criteria like RFI/RFR, MPM, SB, COC, drawings. Ensures that all requests are answered/incorporated in time and according to the Customer Support rules.
- Provide guidance to technical authors (subcontractors) in the accomplishment of their tasks related to customer daily queries e.g. for applications and interpretation of product requirements and associated processes.
- Assess KPIs issued by Business Operations department and launch associated correctives actions.
Monitor recovery reports (action plans) from subcontractor when required.
VALIDATION & VERIFICATION ACTIVITIES
- Define priorities and proofread maintenance or trouble shooting or material or wiring procedures (internal production).
- Define priorities and perform incoming inspection of maintenance or trouble shooting or material or wiring procedures (external production).
- Ensures in case of findings the SARI process is applied.
DESIGN CRITERIA MANAGEMENT
- Contribute to the design criteria assessment.
- Ensure integration and management of all design criteria impacting Technical Data products.
- Assess and provide technically justification for all design criteria non-integrated.
- Coordinate/inform other SED organization on potential impacts of a criteria under the responsibility of the jobholder.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP & SUPPORT
- Provide continuous and efficient support to customers and all users of the Maintenance, Material and Wiring deliverables.
- Guarantee accurate and on time delivery of our deliverables as promised to customers.
Launch preventive/corrective actions to continuously improve products, processes and practices based on customer feedback in line with product definition.
- Aircraft Maintenance or Material or Wiring deliverables
- Customer queries answers
- Subcontracting activities follow up.
You will be expected to work a 35 hour week at an hourly salary of £26 Ltd or £20.31 PAYE.
If you are interested feel free to apply online.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78277449