Software Development Technician Apprentice
Interested in Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Interested in Data Science?
Did you know that computer programming is one of the fastest growing industries both in the UK and worldwide?
Baltic Training and DeepCognito are delighted to be recruiting for an Apprentice Software Developer to join their existing team based in Manchester
DeepCognito are a research and development company who are focussed on bridging the gap between research and industry. They employ state of the art AI technology to solve big data science problems across information and decision support systems.
You won’t be expected to know everything about programming as first class training and support is provided but a passion for software development, willingness to learn and an excellent attitude are a must.
A wise man once said, “The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow”. Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you’re looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Completing software related projects
- Analysing data
- Software requirements gathering and formalisation
- Learning about version control
- 4-6 months in house training to develop knowledge
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Software Development
- BCS Level 3 certificate in Software Development Context and Methodologies ( part 1 & 2)
- BCS Level 3 certificate in Programming (Part 1, 2 & 3)
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, maths and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required
- Interest in AI applications
- You have a broad set of skills and are always working to improve and learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Passion for IT
- Basic knowledge of Java, Python or another object oriented programming related language would be beneficial
- Basic knowledge of data science applications
- A good eye for both design and detail
- Preferably 5 GCSE A- B (including Maths, English and IT)
The future is bright
Upon completion of this apprenticeship programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £150 per week
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week) 9.00AM – 5.00PM
Location and travel
This role is located in The Bright Building, just south of central Manchester. A stone’s throw from The University of Manchester campus, there are lots of local public transport links from wider areas nearby.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that’s exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78638368