We are looking for people that have their experience weighted more towards the Infrastructure/Technical side, with a few years' experience at the very least in a deeply technical role. We are looking more for people whose background is more System Administrators/System Engineers/Technical-Infrastructure Engineers already (pref.) etc. We are also looking for people to be skilled and experienced with virtualisation tools, such as Citrix, VMWare, Hyper-V, etc. (plus Windows Server config & admin) and can demonstrate knowledge in these areas beyond a basic/support level.
A practical understanding of Active Directory, networking and TCP/IP
- Windows 2008/12 Server administration/configuration
- AD, advanced Group Policy
- Extensive experience with the implementation and configuration of enhanced monitoring using SolarWinds
- Experience with VMware
- Experience of Citrix and Remote Desktop Services
- Clustering and SAN/NAS storage
- Exchange 2010/13
- MYSQL (preferably)
- Apache and/or IIS
- Citrix accredited (preferably)
- Microsoft accredited (preferably)
- VMware accredited (preferably)
- Ability to problem solve independently, through research and resourcefulness.
- Ability to adapt to change in complex and or deadline situations.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and approach
- Be organized, motivated and have an enthusiastic personality.
- Understand the need to cover all possible bases and go the extra mile for the customer.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Great technical skills with the ability to absorb information and learn.
- A willingness to travel, often at short notice, up and down the country .
- Ability to plan.
- The ability to think on your feet and to have the tenacity to fix unforeseen problems.
- A great team player.
- To be an ambassador for Company
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78301918