Our One Insurance Solution office is located in our fantastic new offices located in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh and is home to our Commercial and Motor insurance teams; providing cover for a wide portfolio of products such as (but not limited to) public liability, professional indemnity, commercial combined, property and motor.
This role will assist the Finance Business Partner in providing proactive financial support to the business unit to ensure that the unit achieves its financial objectives, plans and targets, including cash flow.
The Financial Analyst is directly responsible for supporting the preparation of accurate and timely financial information and management accounts for the business unit, and for the accuracy and integrity of the accounting records maintained for the business unit.
The Financial Analyst is expected to be proactive in building strong relationships across the business unit and in understanding the financial, strategic and operational drivers.
- Prepare accurate monthly management accounts for the business unit to agreed timetable including:
a. Posting income and reconciling to operational system data as required;
b. Calculating, reviewing and posting accruals and prepayments;
c. Preparing balance sheet reconciliations
d. Preparing detailed cost information for business unit management as required.
- Maintain and reconcile the sales ledger including the raising of invoices and ensuring robust processes are in place to manage cash collection.
- Ensure that the costs for the business units are recorded correctly during each accounting period and correctly coded to account code, cost centre and project code.
- In conjunction with the Finance Business Partner provide support and analysis to business units to evaluate the financial effect of projects or initiatives, and ensure that these are measured and included within rolling financial forecasts.
- In conjunction with the Finance Business Partner work with business unit management to prepare, understand, challenge and agree an annual budget or reforecast as required to be submitted to Group for consolidation.
Progress towards a professional qualification (AAT, CIMA, ACCA)
Can do’ attitude to ensure the delivery of tasks to agreed timetable
Strong excel reporting skills to be able to represent information in an informative way
Very strong attention to detail
Strong relationship building skills
Financial services or Insurance experience
- Health Cash Plan from Healthshield.
- Take your Birthday off! Here at brightside we give you your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- 22 days holiday, rising by one each year, up to 27 days in total - plus bank holidays
- A staff referral scheme giving you the opportunity to earn up to £500 for recommending a friend.
- A salary sacrifice pension scheme.
- We reward our long serving employees through extra holiday and one off cash rewards.
- We could save you up to £900 on your Childcare costs through our Kiddivouchers scheme.
- A variety of Staff Discounts covering: Gym memberships, Restaurants, Beauty salons, Spas, Car garages, Golf memberships, Wedding accessories and much much more!!
Our brand new spacious brokerage is located at Gateway House in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77918508