Trade Control Analyst - Reconciliation
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: Equities
The Trade Control Team are currently looking for a committed and numerically-minded Trade Control Analyst to join our Equity Derivatives EMEA Trade Control team. As part of our middle office team, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and put your problem solving skills to work, while interacting with and learning from business partners across all areas of the bank, providing you with excellent exposure to the industry.
You'll be joining a dynamic, supportive team, will have access to ongoing training and opportunities for career development, and you'll be working from the office in Chester, so you don't have to travel to London to start building a rewarding career with us.
Your responsibilities as a Trade Control Analyst will include:
- Oversight of Reconciliation
- Break reporting and governance
- Research and resolution of breaks in multiple reconciliation
- Become proficient in the reconciliation process
- Analysing why trades are not matched on a T+1 basis
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and external client to remediate root causes
- Change mind-set, leading and delivering upon change initiatives within the context of the reconciliation function
- Partner with the other regional teams to help move this team into a true global service model
- Pro-actively challenge the status quo, identify and drive change to improve upon the current model
Your skills/competencies will include:
- Determination and drive; works well under pressure while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Keen desire to learn and progress within financial services
- Highly proactive; able to identify problems and seek solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-player; works well with others to deliver as part of a team
- Ownership; able to take responsibility and go the extra mile
- Well organized and able to prioritize
- Highly adaptable
- Demonstrates analytical thinking to problem solving
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Interest in key accounting principles and concepts
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78456450