Lead Product Development Engineer - Medical Diagnostics
This is a brand new opportunity for a Senior/Lead Product Development Engineer with experience in Medical Devices, In Vitro Diagnostics, Assay Development or similar, to join a fast growing medical device company in Cambridgeshire. As this is a project leader role, managing a multidisciplinary team, your precise technical discipline can be flexible -you could be a Mechanical Engineer, Software Engineer, Electronics Engineer or maybe a Scientist. What is critical is that you can understand the complexities of the overall system and offer eight years or more experience in leading technology development projects -ideally in medical or devices or similar instrumentation type applications.
The company is developing a revolutionary technology with potential use in markets including Medical Devices, Scientific Instruments and Industrial Process Control and offers great career development opportunity along with a friendly working environment and an attractive financial package. As a Product Development Lead Engineer, you will be working with their multi-disciplinary teams and manage the delivery of complex high technology projects within medical and life science industries.
Lead Development Engineer Responsibilities:
- Managing medical/diagnostic device development projects from initial concept through to release to market including product definition, systems architecture, design & development, and transfer to manufacture.
- Leading and hands-on working with the project engineering team to solve challenging science, mechanical engineering, electronics, software, and systems engineering problems
- Guiding & contributing to systems engineering activities including requirements analysis, risk management, system architecture, usability & integration/verification/validation activities
- Identifying and developing core technology platforms.
- Managing timelines, resource, budgets and risks and reporting on project progress.
- Supporting business development activities within the medical sector including input to technical bids, proposals and RTT's.
Requirements for Lead/Senior Development Engineer
- A degree or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science -or a physical science such as Physics Chemistry or Materials Science.
- Around eight to ten years' product development experience in an industrial or consulting environment including medical devices, medical diagnostic devices, scientific instruments or similar.
- Project Management expertise gained within a highly technical & team-oriented environment.
- A strong systems engineering perspective with experience of successfully integrating complex multi-disciplinary systems incorporating detection, fluidic, electrical, mechanical and software components.
- A good working knowledge of medical device development practices, standards and regulations.
- Working knowledge of engineering development tools (e.g. 3D CAD, software/firmware etc.).
- Ability to communicate ideas and work flexibly within a dynamic, multidisciplinary team.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78596680