Open GI is a leading IT company delivering software solutions to the General Insurance industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Finance Assistant to join our Finance Team.
Based in our Worcester offices you will assist with month end and other general accounting duties.
Your role will involve:
* Carrying out month end closing processes/routines to ensure accuracy of our results to Trial Balance level including calculation and posting of journal entries.
* Financial Analysis and review of key nominal ledger accounts to ensure accuracy. Reviewing of any recurring costs and ad hoc cash book analysis
* Reviewing of latest purchases and supplier invoices for preparation of accruals, prepayments or capital postings as necessary.
* Completion and/or Review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and investigation of variances.
* Intercompany postings and reconciliations
* Reviewing of various information sources to collate and calculate data to be used in Invoicing.
* Working with the Invoicing Team to ensure timely billing and analysis of revenue and other ad hoc duties for the Finance Team.
* Banking duties
* Preparation of weekly/Monthly cash reports
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at Grade C or above (essential).
* AAT at Level 2 or above
* PC literate with good working knowledge of Excel and Word
* Previous experience in a busy finance team
* Ability to work under pressure
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, telephone and face to face)
* Numerate, methodical and organised
* Ability to multi skill
* Competitive salary; up to £18,000 p/a (based on skills and experience)
* Bonus opportunity
* Company pension
* Life assurance and critical illness cover
* Free parking
* Perkbox - An exclusive benefits platform offering a wide range of discounts and benefits
* Onsite restaurant (including Starbucks coffee)
* Childcare vouchers
* Bike loanInterested? Don't hesitate! Click "apply" now to download our application form