Deputy Manager (Retail)
The CompanyThe James Retail Group is a leading independently owned neighbourhood retailer, operating around 100 convenience and newsagent stores across the central belt of the country. We operate Select Convenience branded stores, as well as Newsagent brands such as GT News, Supernews and Arden News; and can be found in locations varying from major shopping centres and transport interchanges to hospitals and your local high street. The Role The successful candidate will:
- Assist the Store Manager in driving sales and maximising profitability and growth in-store
- Support the Store Manager in leading a team; ensuring maximum potential is achieved in line with Company standards.
- Have accountability for stock, cash, merchandising, and in the absence of the Store Manager, will supervise the running of the store.
- Deliver a first rate customer service that is the envy of our competitors
- Be flexible with their working week; ensuring the store opening hours are covered at all times by the store team.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory role within a food retail environment
- Demonstrate a passion for building a career within retail management
- Be confident and proactive in assisting and supporting the Store Manager in the achievement of team and company objectives
- Be self-motivated
- Possess good written, numerical, and verbal skills; and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- Be results driven and meticulous, and thrive on driving a high sales performance
No agencies please.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78446460