Trade Control Analyst - Global Rates and Currencies
Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: FICC & Derivative Core Operations
The office in Chester are currently looking to recruit a Trade Control Analyst role to support Global Rates and Currencies Business. As the successful candidate, you will be demonstrating an understanding of products traded, including Interest Rate Swaps, Options, FRA's, Caps, Floors, Cross Currency Swaps and FX.
You will be responsible for the entire trade life-cycle of these trades, including (but not limited to): Trade Validation, Trade Maintenance, system reconciliation, client & management reporting and break resolution. Share and communicate product and business knowledge with team members. You must also identify better ways of processing our functions.
In return we not only offer the training and support you'd expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career right here in Chester. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and development.
As a Trade Control Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate management of trade capture process to ensure all trades are booked according to terms of underlying agreement in both Front-Office and down-stream applications
- Support the Trading desk across all Middle-Office functions in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage trade lifecycle events & perform trade amendments to correct incorrect positions
- Work closely with Front and Back Office to resolve breaks (e.g. Cash, Collateral, Valuations, Documentation etc.)
- Distribute Daily reports to the Trading desk, business partners and Senior Management (requiring a high level of attention to detail)
- Work closely with MO Risk and P&L to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Working with Sales and Client Management teams to ensure that client issues are addressed and resolved
- Manage trade unwind events such as Trioptima, working with Front office and P&L to execute successfully
- Investigate any issues raised to the team, liaising with Front Office, Back Office and/or the client as necessary
As a Trade Control Analyst your skills and competencies will include:
- Excellent organisational skills are required with the ability to priorities daily workload whilst working accurately under pressure
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to build relationships across all levels of seniority
- Proven analytical skills including data reconciliation and interpretation
- Previous experience in dealing with internal and external clients
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand new tasks presented and quickly commit to memory in a high volume environment
- Logical approach to problem solving - taking ownership and offering practical solutions
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours (including bank holiday work)
- Competence in Excel (macros, formulas), databases and outlook
- A solid numerical mind set with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to identify and deliver process improvements
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78457487