Lead BMS Service Engineer - static site
Lead Service Engineer, Building Management Systems
A successful Controls company is seeking to recruit a Lead BMS specialist for a static role in the heart of the city. This is a fantastic role for an experienced senior BMS Engineer, or a capable engineer, ready to take a step up. You will be working in a brand new, prestigious building.
Our client's core business is in the BMS (Building Management Systems) sector. They pride themselves on having diverse knowledge and expertise throughout all aspects of the industry and strive to provide their clients with exceptional knowledge and service throughout. Trading for 25 years this company boasts some of London's most prestigious buildings amongst its portfolio and grows from strength to strength.
The successful applicant for this BMS Service Engineer role will need to have exceptional knowledge (and training) in BMS and strong knowledge and expertise with Trend Control Systems (Trend expert status would be highly advantageous). This is a senior position and as such, you will be a direct line of contact to the client. You will also have responsibility for overseeing the activity of a small team of service engineers and liaising and working collaboratively with the projects team as the facility reaches completion. Up to date technical know how is required within this position owing to the "hands on" nature of this role. This position calls for and engineer with a "can do" attitude. This role will focus on reactive and pre-planned maintenance & small works/modifications.
The successful applicant for this role will be working in a truly impressive, state of the art, commercial facility, utilising some of the latest innovations within the BMS sector.
- Qualified in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (to HNC/ONC or equivalent)
- Experienced in the maintenance of Building Management Systems
- Qualified and experienced with Trend Systems (ideally Trend expert)
- Excellent knowledge of Trend BMS software and able to complete modifications
- Previous supervisory experience
- Exceptional understanding of integration protocols
- Excellent communication skills
- Client focused
You will be hard-working and committed to achieving success for both yourself and your company. You will have a flexible approach to your work and be adaptable in new ways of working.On offer in return are on offer are competitive salaries, additional training and further fantastic benefits.
- A competitive salary (up to £50,000 dependent on experience)
- Car allowance (up to £6,000)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Overtime at accelerated rates (time and a half and double time)
- Laptop, phone, PPE etc
- Pension scheme
- Ongoing career progression
- Excellent additional benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78277529