Accounts Payable Clerk
Optimum Recruitment Group is looking to appoint an Accounts Payable Clerk for a well-established company based in York. This role will form an integral part of the companys finance team and you will play a key part in the success of the business.
The Accounts Payable Clerk reports to the Finance Manager and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services.
Working together with a second Accounts Payable colleague, this will include processing and monitoring payments and expenditures. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that finances are accurate and up to date and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
- Management of the PO Control process including purchase requisitions for goods and services
- Daily booking in and management of Goods Receipt Notes, matching against approved POs
- Receive and verify invoices, matching to GRN (stock) and PO (non-stock services)
- Supplier statement reconciliations and intercompany reconciliations
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Daily data entries of invoices
- Verifying account numbers and POs associated with invoices against budgeted costs
- Processing of A/P reports for a weekly/monthly financial close
- Manage the collection of invoices including any required follow up and obtaining approvals
- Managing and recording a weekly check run-including physical checks and bank processing; including check report uploads with the bank
- Maintain A/Pvendor files.
- Maintain the A/P General Ledger and unbilled PO Receipts-following up with vendors
- Investigate and resolve vendor/supplier enquiries.
- Processing adjustments/debit memos.
- Communicate with supplier via telephone and/or e-mail.
- Assisting with the management of employee expense claims
- Monthly monitoring, distribution and reconciliation of all Corporate Credit Card statements and preparation of the month-end Credit Card accrual entry
- Other ad-hoc duties and reporting requirements as assigned by the Finance Manager
- Have previous AP experience preferred
- Be IT literate, including good Excel Skills, business objects and sage
- Have an organised and methodical approach
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Assertive and tactful manner
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to work to strict deadlines
- Have a good worth ethic
- Able to deal with difficult situations with ease
- Team player
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77656054