This Financial Accountant role is for one of the largest and most respected brands in High Street gaming, bingo halls and online gaming websites. The brand is synonymous with excitement and best value entertainment. The company are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their central support office in Milton Keynes, within one of their busiest and most important finance functions.
Key responsibilities/duties include:
• Management of financial accounting areas to ensure records are maintained, input accurately, reported correctly and analysed where required
• Ensure high level of accuracy in accounting
• Ensure records are compliant with current legislation and best practice
• Oversee the preparation and posting of accruals, prepayments and depreciation
• Responsibility for month end closing process to the highest quality and in line with Group reporting deadlines
• Intercompany reconciliation and reporting
• Maintain a good relationship with the whole Group
• Produce high quality, accurate balance sheet reports and analysis
• Ensure the integrity of SAP is maintained and fully reconciled to legal entities accounts
• Review balance sheet reconciliations, keeping track of potential risks or opportunities
• Preparation of year end statutory accounts and monthly accounts
• Manage audit process for interim and year end audits and be main point of contact for auditors
• Implement, develop and continually reappraise financial reporting procedures and internal controls for the purpose of maintaining accurate records
• Ensure company is adhering to the Group’s International Guidelines
• Lead and develop General Ledger Assistant
• To assist in any other projects as required
The ideal applicant should possess the following key skills and experience:
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA) with at least 5 years PQE
• Technically strong with knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
• Knowledge of German GAAP would be an advantage
• Self-directed with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Accurate, attentive to detail, with good organisational skills and the ability to follow through on projects
• Ability to develop positive relationships and work effectively with key stakeholders
• Ability to work with confidential information on a regular basis
• Good communication skills, transparency, openness and respect
• Ability to solve problems utilising technology, strong skills working with MS Excel and SAP, advanced IT skills
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of circa £60,000 and a friendly, informal working environment.
If you have the skills and experience required, please apply today.
Keywords: Financial Accountant, Accountant, ACCA, GAAP, Accounting
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78578048