Automation Development Engineer
Automation Development Engineer - Corsham, Wiltshire
Perm - Full Time - 37.5hrs per wk
Our client’s group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
One company within the group produces over 2,500 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through their scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve their products and services.
Another part of the group is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
A further company within the group is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors.
The group now includes over 200 people with a leading-edge turnover greater than £190 million.
They’ve recently invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility in Corsham, Wiltshire – offering an unrivalled opportunity in a successful and expanding company with a great team spirit.
They are currently recruiting an Automation Development Engineer who can ensure that they continue to deliver an exceptional service.
- Liaise with relevant staff at all levels from shop floor to directors to determine and agree automation and related projects.
- Devise and implement specification, design, development, procurement and implementation of automation based equipment and systems.
- Devise and agree costings and timescales for automation and related projects and systems. Implement agreed projects to time and cost as required by management.
- Be responsible for the introduction and handover of automation equipment and systems to the factory facilities, quality assurance and production teams including commissioning, validation, training, documentation, spares provision and maintenance.
- Assist in troubleshooting hardware and configuration problems and failures relating to automation and related production equipment across site during and outside of working hours.
- Manage system requirements and ensure end solution fulfils technical and commercial and compliance requirements.
- Maintain / update project schedules to ensure development projects are delivered on time.
- Create and maintain technical documents including function descriptions, implementation descriptions, drawings, piece lists, commissioning procedures, P & ID documentation, etc.
The successful candidate should be educated to at least HNC level standard in a relevant engineering discipline, have 2 years’ industrial experience and be able to demonstrate experience in engineering based projects. Working within the pharmaceutical/healthcare environment and having automation experience would be desirable but not essential.
Our client is looking for a self-confident motivated automation development engineer with skills in engineering design and the ability to use CAD, you should have good knowledge on creating specifications for third parties to use/quote against. Good communication skills are essential, with the ability to be able to talk to and interact with a diverse range of people from different disciplines. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company that has shaken up the commercial world of aseptic manufacture.
Rewards and benefits include:
- Competitive Salary (dependent on experience, knowledge and skills).
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service.
- Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Child care vouchers.
- Company bonus scheme.
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym.
Interested? Please apply with cover letter and CV ASAP.
Closing date for applications is – Wed 10th Jan 2018. Interviews: Tues 23rd Jan 2018. You will be contacted by Fri 12thJan if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV and cover letter to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78283431