A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Engineer to join a leading housing developer in Northamptonshire.
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000
Benefits to Include – Company Pension scheme with employer contribution up to 10%, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 10% bonus, Company Car or car allowance, Private medical care buy in.
The successful candidate will manage the engineering design, from land appraisal through to construction issue. You will design within allocated budgets, reporting any overspends, liaising with external professionals to encompass site evaluations, architectural and engineering design.
Main Duties and Responsibilities –
- Advise Land Dept on Technical viability of new sites
- Assist in the production of layouts and technical report for Land Appraisals; and required working drawings
- Prepare outline engineering schematics for Land Appraisals
- Brief and commission site investigations, topographical survey and other assessment reports on land acquired
- Brief engineering consultants on scope of design
- Initial negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies and utility undertakers on environmental, drainage, highways and other engineering issues when apprising land
- Manage initial technical submissions for approval by statutory authorities (e.g. S104, S38, S278)
- Issue engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales departments
- Fee negotiation and appointment of consultants
- Obtain planning permissions and other statutory approvals e.g. S104 and S38 Agreements
- Prepare Sales and Legal information e.g. Conveyance plans and M colours
- Answer Technical queries
- POS, S38, S104 adoptions
- In house Planning supervisors role
- Liaise with Commercial department with respect to service costs.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78599461