The purpose of the FMCG Buyer is to purchase products in support of requirements from sales and forecasts. Working with suppliers in order to determine the best source of the product and ensuring cost savings through effective negotiation and stock management.
Our Client is a thriving business showing consistent growth and as such with new contracts requires another buyer for the team. Based in Bradford they are looking for an FMCG buyer who can effectively deal with their customer base and work with suppliers worldwide.
The key responsibilities of the FMCG Buyer are:
- To contact suppliers to obtain a competitive price.
- To develop and prepare purchase orders.
- To review incoming requisitions for accuracy and completeness.
- To administer and review purchase orders.
- To assume responsibility for purchasing of all materials.
- To monitor and evaluate supplier compliance.
- Develop and apply knowledge of procurement basics.
The successful FMCG Buyer will:
- Have experience in professional buying.
- Be able to maintain supplier relationships.
- Have strong negotiation skills.
- Provide cost savings and reductions.
- Show process improvement.
Competitive salary £22-30k, 25 days holiday, pension and health care. 35 hours a week.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/79147049