Role: Management Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 (Depending on experience)
SF Group are currently recruiting for an experienced Management Accountant to join a successful manufacturing company based in Northamptonshire. This role will sit in a growing finance team; you will be managing a team of 3. As a member of the senior management team be involved in high level decision making. This is in relation to the strategy and supporting plans as required.
- Monthly financial accounting/reporting
- VAT\Intra Stat\EEC Sales List\Government Returns\Duty
- Ad hoc reporting
- Supporting the senior management team with the implementation of meaningful KPIs
- Managing and developing a talented finance team
- Ad hoc commercial analysis to support decisions making
- Play a lead role governance of controls\processes
- Ensure Balance sheet control accounts are completed on a timely and accurate basis and clearly prepared and communicated each month
- Key contact with External Auditors
- Ability to cover the management account
Insight & challenge
- Early indication of balance sheet risks and opportunities and working with senior managers to mitigate these risks
- Publication and review of monthly Financial accounts with the wider teams of the business to include timely overhead reviews with cost centre holders and initiate the corrective action plans
- Manage\support the capital forecasting process\overhead budgeting process with the cost centre holders and reporting on non-compliance
- Leading the internal controls across the business the Financial Accountant must continuously review, communicate and train all processes and procedures to ensure a high level of financial integrity is in place at all times
- A clear ability to communicate at all levels.
- Management of a team of 3
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with previous management accounting experience. You will have strong inter-personal and communication skills and an ability to translate numbers into words. You will have a can do attitude, and be highly motivated and able to meet deadlines. You will have an ability to work independently but also enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment. Able to plan the activities of direct reports and priorities own workload. You will possess advanced IT skills (e.g. Microsoft suite of products). Finally it would be desirable if you have strong ERP experience.
This role will be an excellent move for a CIMA/ACCA qualified candidate as it:
- Sits under a supportive and experienced Finance Director
Due to the office set up, it offers the chance for autonomy as Management Accountant on a regular basis and you will manage your own team.
In return you can expect an annual salary of circa £45,000 - £50,000 plus benefits all depending on experience.
For more information please contact Ben Marmon / or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78533396