Retail Area Manager
Retail Area Manager – Oxford and surrounding areas
Salary-Competitive plus company car, bonus scheme & benefits.
Do you have previous Retail Area Management/ Multi Site experience or a desire to move in to field management?
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within a rapidly expanding Convenience Store retailer?
McColls Retail Group are the second largest multiple convenience operator in the UK, comprising of approximately 1600 stores including over 1,200 convenience stores, over 580 post offices and 18 Subway units offering freshly made products daily .
We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of neighbourhood retailing and in our stores you will find a wide range of products and services available. We continually work to improve the customer offer across our store portfolio, particularly in terms of Food to Go, Fresh and Chilled products.
With an exciting acquisition program and the recent announcement of our new partnership with Morrison's which will see the relaunch of the much loved and trusted Safeway brand in 2018 ,this will further enhance the product ranges that we offer to our customers.
This role is all about leading, managing and inspiring the Store teams to ensure that all colleagues are engaged, motivated, well trained and providing the best service for our customers.
To succeed as an Area Manager, you will need:
- A real passion for retail with a clear focuson delivering a positive customer shopping experience
- An eye for detail with the ability to identify and consistently deliver sales growth opportunities
- To be a strong leader with the ability to bring out the best in others by guiding and influencing
- Possess excellent communication and commercial skills
- To be a resilient and tenacious individual who is adaptable to change and will thrive in a fast paced environment
- Possess excellent time management skills
In your role as Area Manager, you will:
- Role model our values and coach others to do the same
- Complete regular store visits andbe accountable for delivering operational excellence
- Oversee store operations including stock control, security, wastage, promotional activity and health and safety to maintain compliance
- Be innovative and creative and will constantly look for ways to maximise sales and to control costs
- Recruit, coach, motivate and develop a team ofStore Managers to enable them to deliver overall store performanceand the development of their teams
- Be fully accountable for delivery of operational KPI’s
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/79135516