Senior Service Engineer
Our client is a leading provider of hot beverage, coffee and vending solutions, and they are seeking an experienced Senior Service Engineer to join their expanding operations in the Central London area.
Working as part of the Service Team, the Senior Service Engineer will play a supervisory role within the engineering team in London. Based in one static location, you will play an integral role in providing first line on site support to a team of engineers, helping provide resolutions to non-operational equipment.
The Senior Service Engineer will be expected to provide excellent customer service, maintaining a positive image of the company at all times both to internal team members and the end customer. The Senior Service Engineer will be working on a wide range of coffee and vending equipment, from manufacturers such as Crane, N&W, Westomatic, and Coffetek.
The successful candidate will have experience of electrical/electronic machinery and a technical background. You need to be an excellent communicator and able to lead and teach a team of engineers. Experience in the vending industry is desirable but not always essential. Full training can be provided, and so candidates other related industries such as coffee, vending, and gaming industry would be considered.
The company is offering a generous salary of at least £26-30k plus a company vehicle, availability of overtime, as well as pension, a uniform, a discount scheme, and other benefits and incentives.
During your training period, you will receive one to one training on effectively installing, servicing and maintaining the vending and coffee equipment.
- To develop the skills and capability of engineers in response to performance issues that have been identified by the Technical Manager
- To keep abreast of current advances in vending machine design and innovation by attending training courses and using other meetings and sources, then passing on that information to other engineers, managers and operation staff as required.
- To act as the areas source for the capture, sharing and devolution of best practice between engineers onsite.
- To provide technical coaching, training and support for static based staff, both technical and operations, on technical matters to enable them to meet the requirements of their roles, by development and delivery of training material.
- To coach and mentor new and existing members of the engineering team, during their induction period and after, to ensure that they achieve the standards and quality required by the demands of the business within a speedy timeframe.
- To be able to complete all tasks that would fall within the normal remit of a Field Service Engineer.
- To attend sites and machines as directed by management to determine their condition and establish if repairs can be carried out in a financially viable manner.
- To attend sites and achieve repair or make recommendations where the local engineer has been unable to do so and which has resulted in complaints or reduced client satisfaction. Follow up with coaching and recommendations for the development of the engineer, by reporting back to the ATM/RM
- To attend sites/machines and establish causes for high call outs and reliability issues, providing rectification, recommendations and reports as directed and by following up with coaching and support for the engineer to improve their capabilities.
- To provide support to the ATM, engineers and operations staff to ensure the successful installation, uplift and machine commissioning in line with demand.
- To provide engineering cover within the area where unplanned absence causes issues with clients receiving a poor standard of service.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader in an highly desired role, managing a team of engineers. If you are an experienced Field Service Engineer in the City of London with experience of either the coffee, vending, or catering industries, please submit your CV for consideration now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78525304