£30,000 - £33,000
Watford & Surrounding areas.
Our client, a leading lighting manufacturer and installer is seeking a Commissioning Engineer to work as part of the Field Commissioning team. As the Commissioning engineer you will be commissioning lighting systems on high end domestic and large commercial sites, commissioning system to client or lighting designers’ requirements.
The Commissioning engineer must have strong knowledge of electrical installations and must be electrically competent. You will commission projects from initial application visit, through to completion, including commissioning training and handover. The ability to communicate commissioning terms to contractors and end users while maintaining good working relations and a professional company image is a crucial element of the role.
As well as demonstrating technical excellence, our client are looking for a resourceful, enthusiastic individual that tackles challenges head-on and is able to work effectively both independently and in tandem with other members of the team. You will demonstrate individual initiative and innovation, good attention to detail and a drive to do what is needed to deliver results.
It would be desirable for the successful candidate to be an Electrical/Electronic Engineer or Electrician and demonstrate the key skills required:
- To assist with all technical issues.
- Build good on site relationships with contractors
- Carry out day work call outs as required
- Carry out on site maintenance visits on various systems
- Commission projects from start to completion
- Carry out application site visits, to familiarise contractors on all aspects of the system to be installed
- Check all specification requirements, and program databases to comply with each site as required
- Responsible for all on site commissioning through to completion.
- Deliver site training and demonstrate system operations to end users.
- Sign off Completion Certificates
- Ensure all engineers reports and completion certificates are loaded onto the server for invoicing
- Make sure all Backups are passed to Project Manager
- Must Hold Valid CSCS Card and/or JIB Grade Card if Qualified Electrician
- Good computer skills
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Good customer facing skills
- Ability to work under pressure without losing focus
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- Knowledge of wiring regulation 16th/17th Edition preferred
- Knowledge of lighting or dimming systems would be an advantage but not essential.
- International travel may be required.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78348998