Functional Safety Enginer
Functional Safety Engineer
I am currently looking for a Functional Safety Engineer who will support the Project Manager in generation of functional safety plans with the requirements of IEC 61508 and related standards. Carry out a series of system and sub-system functional safety activities in support of the plans during all safety software lifecycle phases. My client is a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications.
The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the lead electronics design engineer in preparation of failure rate and diagnostic coverage (safe-failure-fraction) predictions.
- Organising and recording system level functional safety analysis using FMECA, FTA, etc.
- Manage the interface to the safety ceritification body (TUV).
- Management of functional safety requirements and traceability to implementation.
- Monitoring and auditing of the operation of configuration management and document management systems for safety-related items.
- Production of material supporting the certification of the product.
- Organising and recording verification reviews.
- Specifying, executing and recording safety validation tests.
Qualifications, Experience and profile:
- Degree in a relevant engineering subject.
- Application of standards for functional safety of programmable systems.
- Estimation of electronics failure rates using component level FMEA or other techniques such as reliability block diagrams or Markov analysis.
- Functional safety analysis at system level, using FMEA / FTA, etc.
- Production of documentation for certification or approval of safety-related systems.
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please send through a copy of your most up-to-date CV, together with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and reference GST46052, to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78514774