Location: Hammersmith, LondonAbout Us
Simplify Digital, the hero helping you get the best TV, broadband, home phone and energy deal. We're a growing technology business that develop deal comparison SaaS for our own branded retail business (Simplifydigital) and numerous other blue-chip clients across Europe, including: TalkTalk, Barclays and the Guardian Media Group among many others. In 2016 we were acquired by Dixons Carphone and we’re currently going through a whole host of exciting changes.
The job exists in a small BI team which is responsible for providing management information to users inside and outside the company. We use a range of Microsoft technologies to maintain a reporting infrastructure.
The role’s duties include
- Developing MI reports using Microsoft reporting services (SSRS) to meet requirements of business users, following house styles and conventions.
- Monitoring data warehouse extract, translate and load processes and testing data quality.
- First line response to data quality issues and alerts.
- Testing reports and taking them through the user acceptance process, cataloguing them and deploying them to production environment.
- Maintaining scheduled delivery of reports to internal and external customers.
- Assisting with the setup, running and monitoring of automatic data feeds into and out of the company.
- Helping end users understand and use the data published by the company’s data warehouse project.
- Gathering requirements and feedback from end users and making recommendations for extending the company’s management information offering.
The successful candidate will;
- be a skilled developer of Microsoft SSRS reports, familiar with BIDS/SSDT report development tools, report scheduling and portal administration;
- have a sufficient understanding of SQL to be able to query and review table data and write data sources for reports;
- Experience of Integration Services (SSIS)
- have an understanding of what constitutes good and bad data quality;
- be able to use advanced features of Excel, including pivot tables;
- be able to interact with end users and understand business processes (with training) in order to write report and data interchange specifications.
- Experience of other BI and database tools (such as SQL Server Analysis Services, MS Access, QlikView) would be an advantage.
- Aren't corporate and don't wear suits.
- Backed by Dixons Carphone, a FTSE 250 company.
- Promote flexible working.
- Have a yearly bonus.
- Encourage hands-off management
- Genuinely encourage our staff to stuff themselves with free fruit, velvet cake and takeaways...
- But we have a subsidised gym membership to counter that (we also have a free onsite gym at Acton HQ)
- Have great team and company-wide events: Escape Rooms, Junkyard Golf, office yoga, lunches....
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78451372