Job Title: Integrations Accountant
Salary: £39,000-£42,000 plus benefits
Job Ref: VLL/19667
Purpose of the role:
As allocated by the Finance Integration Controller; to ensure the smooth integration of new subsidiaries joining the group (as it relates to financial matters) and the production of the management accounts until transitioned into the Group. Assisting with the successful handover of integration tasks not completed by the Finance Acquisition Team such as takings, purchase ledger, IT marketing etc.
Month end main tasks will be sales reconciliation work, ownership of production of P&Ls, balance sheet reconciliations and liaison on a regular basis to ensure they get up to speed with group policies and processes once they join the group.
Specific duties to include:
- On site integration visits in advance of joining the group with follow up visit post acquisition.
- Attendance to initial visit and handover any relevant operational tasks
- Completion of the Finance integration task list on time to quality for assigned tasks
- Support the training of new subsidiaries and reporting when on site.
- Particular focus on a timely and correct handover to payroll and pensions and ensuring payroll is paid on time and the Pension Administrator is aware of all pension information.
- As agreed with the Finance Integration Manager follow on issues from tax DDQ and documentation of actions taken for tax audit purposes.
- Presenting oneself in line with Company values and maintaining those values at all times
Production of Management Accounts
- Owning specific P&Ls and producing their monthly management accounts to a high level of accuracy
- Ownership of delivery of comprehensively reconciled balance sheets each month
- Dealing with subsidiary queries regarding their results, and ensuring any process issues are picked up and resolved
- To work with the team to ensure current processes and efficient and fit for purpose, and to help identify areas for efficiency gains to support the next phase of growth
- Regular interaction to answer queries and help them with their process adherence
- Any other tasks as required
Skills and experience required:
- Strong academically – educated to degree level and having completed their professional accounting qualification (CIMA or similar)
- Well experienced in management accounting roles in similar sized organisations
- Must have sufficient commercial experience
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment – flexibility is key
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel, and confident on various management reporting systems
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly
- Deadline focussed, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure they always meet them
- Understanding of small companies and how they work, but needs big company background to understand/suggest best practice principles and help to drive change
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well within the team, and communicate effectively.
- Will need to be happy travelling with occasional overnight stays as group is national.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78446566