An exciting new role has become available for a Claims Handler to join a successful client based in West Malling.
The main purpose of this role is to assess and validate Pet Insurance claims, gathering any necessary information required in an efficient manner. System records must be updated accurately and clearly reflect the claim journey and keeping the customer informed at all times.
- Assessing new and continuation claims, by reviewing all claim documentation supplied by a policyholder and relevant third parties.
- Collecting accurate information and necessary documents to proceed with a claim.
- Guiding policyholder on how to proceed with the claim and keeping them informed at all times, both verbally and in writing.
- Ensuring prompt and accurate payment of valid claims.
- Assisting policyholders with general queries and insurance issues.
- Writing clear and accurate non-standard letters, where claim circumstances require it.
- Identifying potentially fraudulent claims and following agreed process for referral.
- Complete other activity over and above those listed in the role profile, appropriate to your skills and experience.
- Experience of working within a Veterinary Surgery/ a detailed knowledge of animal care or at least one year's experience of handling Pet Insurance claims
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Organised and methodical
- Computer literate
- Strong customer service and problem resolution skills
- First class interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external parties.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78275593