Location: Hammersmith, London
Simplify Digital, the hero helping you get the best TV, broadband, home phone and energy deal. We're a growing technology business that develop deal comparison SaaS for our own branded retail business (Simplifydigital) and numerous other blue-chip clients across Europe, including: TalkTalk, Barclays and the Guardian Media Group among many others. In 2016 we were acquired by Dixons Carphone and we’re currently going through a whole host of exciting changes.
Right now, we’re in the midst of some big changes which you’ll be involved in, including:
- Migration of our new and existing applications to AWS
- Planning and building out our new Omni-channel integration
- Scaling up our technology team
What’s it like working here:
We have a small DevOps team that sits alongside our cross functional scrum teams – helping to truly automate and make our software development as efficient as possible. You’ll be the voice of the DevOps team – articulating solutions and clearly communicating the team’s progress directly to the Chief Technical Architect.
- We work in a collaborative, Agile team environment on a range of different projects from e-commerce websites to SaaS enterprise solutions and tools.
- You’ll automate, automate, and automate – delivering a modern, lean approach to “smoothing the path” our software takes from a developer’s workstation, through develop and test cycles, all the way to Cloud hosting.
- Investigating new solutions to improve our DevOps function.
- We encourage our developers to voice their opinions on any new technologies and solutions that might improve performance.
Sounds good? You’ll do great here if you:
- Are comfortable with all things AWS
- Have the gravitas to inspire your team, helping to coach & mentor less experienced members.
- Familiar with Docker, Terraform, ELK Stack, Octopus deploy
- Comfortable with a mix of Windows and Linux systems
- Are a great communicator within tech teams and with non-technical groups
- Are an advocate of best-breed practices including test-driven design, code reviews, continuous integration…
- Have a degree in a technical discipline like Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics…
- Aren't corporate and don't wear suits.
- Backed by Dixons Carphone, a FTSE 250 company.
- Promote flexible working.
- Have a yearly bonus.
- Encourage hands-off management
- Genuinely encourage our staff to stuff themselves with free fruit, velvet cake and takeaways...
- But we have a subsidised gym membership to counter that (we also have a free onsite gym at Acton HQ)
- Have great team and company-wide events: Escape Rooms, Junkyard Golf, office yoga, lunches....
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78389092