Semi Skilled Technician
Reporting to the Estates Supervisors, Responsible to carry out first responding duties for reactive and planned operational maintenance tasks in an Acute hospital environment, also to provide proactive support to the on site Mechanical & Electrical Technicians.
- This job description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
- Will have a basic knowledge in a particular field which matches the requirements of the contract.
- Will be expected to have acquired elements of other skills which will enable them to work flexibly across trades.
- They will operate as part of an effective Professional Maintenance team. The post holder will have drive and enthusiasm, be self motivated and be expected to work on their own initiative and work as part of at team.
- The post holder will be required to participate in a 24/7 365 day shift pattern with an average working week of 37.5 hours.
- Carry out reactive & P.P.M. tasks to electrical and mechanical installations, plant and equipment around the hospital.
- Work safely and in accordance with company Health and Safety procedures.
- Supporting the contingency plans for the service delivery.
- Help maintain accurate maintenance records and plant history.
- Undertake training as required.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for
- Completion of a recognized engineering apprenticeship.
- A suitable City & Guilds, BTEC, NVQ 3 or equivalent.
- Experience preferably in a health care back ground.
- The post holder will have an obligation to undertake where necessary training to ensure the level of competency is up held.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to the appropriate levels within the Trust, and across all disciplines.
- Ability to be an effective Team Player within the Services Management Team.
- Sound administrative and IT skills relevant to the position.
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery.
- Capable of working on own initiative and without supervision.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to relevant policies and procedures.
Additional job board text
Interserve’s vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78452081