Multi Skilled Technician
The role is a multi-skilled role and will involve elements of the following duties depending on individual skill sets and the requirements of the project:
- Define position of hydraulic components and routing of hose and tube assemblies.
- Prior to assembly, check manifold machining is in line with design drawings.
- Review drawings and understand system assembly with support of Hydraulic Supervisor as required.
- Assemble manifold based sub-assemblies using cartridge and Cetop style valves.
- Carry out controlled pressure testing of hydraulic components in line with test procedures.
- Black build and installation of hoses and hydraulic components as required.
- Assemble mechanical equipment in line with the design drawings.
- Review drawings and understand system assembly with support of the Mechanical or Site Construction Supervisor as required.
- Ensure correct certification in place for mechanical testing prior to undertaking works.
- Carry out build and wiring of electrical sub-assemblies.
- Review drawings and understand system assembly with support of Electrical Supervisor as required.
- Inspect and test wiring loops and control panels as defined in approved FAT documents.
- Review drawings and develop understanding of electrical system.
- Ensure correct certification in place for electrical testing prior to undertaking works.
- Check parts for assembly are available from stores and identify any shortages.
- Review tooling requirements for specific project(s) with relevant Supervisor.
- Carry out assembly and build in line with engineering drawings and information.
- Undertake initial snagging review.
- Inspect and test equipment in line with approved commissioning and FAT documents.
- Support fault finding.
- Carry out pre-commissioning checks in accordance with approved documents and correct supervision.
- Ensure required inspection, test, build and pre-commissioning documentation are completed fully and correctly, including recording any As Built changes.
- Support system commissioning.
- Review progress for assembly work scopes with relevant Supervisor, highlight areas of concern.
- Be responsible for care and return of tools.
- Identify and raise with Supervisor risk assessment (workshop hazards and precautions) for specific activities.
- Provide support and guidance to other workers as required by the relevant Supervisor.
- Positively comply with all HSE requirements and participate in identifying and raising HSE concerns by use of systems such as SHARP cards, Near Miss Reports, etc.
- Support a continuous improvement culture; ensure that issues are identified and logged by use of company tools such as non-conformance reporting, lessons learnt etc.
- Required to travel and work nationally and internationally as required to meet the needs of the business, including offshore works.
- Any other duties as directed by line management or SMT member.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- IT competent
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Time served in relevant trade
- Certified to operate workshop plant and machinery
- Experience of heavy engineering environment preferred
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, as required by the role
- A flexible approach in order to work shifts as required to meet project deadlines
Ideally (but not a necessity) you should possess the following current plant operator licences/certificates:-
- Fork lift truck
- Cherry picker
- Working at Height
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78302437