Our established manufacturing (FMCG) Client is seeking an experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer to join their engineering team based near Ashford.
The ideal candidate must have both an Electrical and Mechanical background and experience of working on high speed lines in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods business. As part of this role you will be required to work a shift pattern of 12 hours rotating between 6am – 6pm or 6pm to 6am on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
• Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all production & plant equipment whilst driving efficiencies through continuous improvement activities.
• Execute maintenance procedures and prioritise all work in line with plant needs and production availability.
• Complete regular checks and testing on all plant to ensure they are operating within specification.(recorded appropriately)
• Ensure that Health and Safety and Quality procedures are followed, ensuring that standards are maintained i.e. work in a tidy, clean, safe, structured and professional manner.
• Comply with all Corporate, Health and Safety and Environmental rules, standards and legislation (including 17th edition IEE Wiring Regulations for multi-skilled).
Skills and competencies required for this role:
• Extensive experience of working in an automated FMCG environment
• Extensive experience of working with processing and packaging machinery
• Mechanical qualification City & Guilds or NVQ L3 equivalent
• Electrical qualification City & Guilds or NVQ L3 equivalent
• 17th Edition electrical qualification
• Experience of troubleshooting and resolving PLC & Robotic issues
• Detailed experience of carrying out reactive, planned, preventative and predictive maintenance
• Working knowledge of leading continuous improvement and SMED projects
• Knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
• Can do approach to problems
• Ability to work independently and manage self and time
• Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff and contractors within the business
• Works well as part of a team
• Detailed problem solving abilities and experience of formal problem solving techniques
• Basic Lean Six Sigma qualifications (yellow or ideally green belt)
Our Client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including:
• 23 shifts annual leave per year (plus can buy/sell 2 shifts per year)
• Up to 9% matched contribution pension scheme
• 3% discretionary company performance related bonus
• Health shield cash plan
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78352195