Working within the UK team of this leading supplier as a Homewares Designer you will be working with fashion retailers designing soft furnishings and hard accessory products. As a Homewares Designer you will be building an in house collection along with designing ranges to buyer briefs.
Having started in the early 90's this successful business are looking to grow their design talent from the UK working with key fashion high street accounts across the USA and UK.
As a Homewares Designer you will be:
- Developing sketches into spec's ensuring they are sent out on time in line with the critical path
- Seasonal trend research and competitive shopping
- Creating mood and trend boards to be used in key meetings
- Liaising with factories on development samples
- Travelling to the head office in the USA and factories in the Far East
- Attending customer meetings and presenting collections
Previous experience as a Homewares Designer within a directional supplier or retailer is essential. The role involves designing a broad range of products from bedding to candle holders and trinkets so requires a Homewares Designer with a versatile handwriting who has excellent design, technical and communication skills.
A trend led homewares portfolio reflecting your skills and experience as a Homewares Designer is essential.
Please send your CV in a word doc to Salma Sodawala:
We regret that due to volume, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/79135710