Contract Trainee Animal Technician
We are looking for an adventurous individual, wanting to contribute to the research industry, whilst maintaining a high standard of welfare. Due to continued growth and success, we are actively seeking to recruit a Trainee Animal Technician to join our team based Peterborough on a temporary basis.Role responsibilities:The successful candidate will be required to help to maintain a barrier facility to the highest standards. This job will involve, amongst other things, collection and cleaning of animal cages and laboratory equipment.
- Receipt/collection of goods in and out of the facility.
- Maintaining internal laundry requirements.
- Filling cages and water bottles and undertaking stock checks.
- Adhering to strict hygiene procedures.
- Provision of clean sterile equipment.
- Some heavy lifting.
- Animal Care qualification preferred e.g. BTEC 1st or National Diploma in Animal Care or a NVQ in Caring for Animals.
- Have had previous experience working with animals.
This position is ideal for someone with an ambitious nature, looking to add to the continued growth of Agenda and be a part of our successful team.Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77886329