Our client requires and experienced Controls Engineer to work at their premises in Petersfield.
To be recognised as a market leader providing and servicing innovative solutions and products for smoke control, ventilation, climate technology and solar shading.
To perform the key areas of the role enabling the Company to achieve its strategies, objectives and targets. Employees will show their commitment to the Company IMS by implementing and complying with processes and procedures. Company objectives will be discussed and agreed at Management Review Meetings then cascaded down to all employees during annual PDR appraisals and other regular departmental communications.
Design of control systems for Installations. This role requires a good understanding of company products, associated products, good product application, and also requires a good knowledge of all relevant British Standards, EN standards and smoke ventilation guides. The ability to read and understand Mechanical/Electrical, Architectural and Construction drawings is also essential.
The Controls Engineer supports the activities of the team by providing electrical and pneumatic control panel design, general design information and technical support. The Controls Engineer will liaise constantly with the sub-contractors, pre order sales team and post order project managers to ensure designs are developed to meet the project requirements and schedule.
- Interpretation of schematics and 'cause and effect' information provided by the sales team to support control panel designs by 3rd party contractors/suppliers (both electrical and pneumatic).
- Reviewing wiring circuit diagrams & panel layouts.
- Ensuring all designs (panels and scheme) meet current IEE and other relevant regulations / standards.
- Providing specifications for components and bought out assemblies / product.
- Innovate where possible to provide cost/design /manufacturing efficiencies while maintaining system standards.
- Liaising with Project Managers to establish the project requirements and scope.
- Design of BMS controller and PLC systems including software and associated documentation and support (Honeywell).
- Design of company developed systems (such as OPV) and peripherals.
- Provide support for the post order teams in production of electrical system installation drawings.
- Support project managers and commissioning engineers with project related technical queries.
- Support for product testing throughout the supply chain.
- Liaise with supply chain to maintain technical standards and product development.
- Provide training to all staff, as required, to maintain the knowledge level to a satisfactory standard.
- Managing and organising workflow.
- Assisting with programming of OPV systems as demand requires.
- Liaise with supply chain to develop accurate and concise cost estimates for the design and manufacture of semi-standard and bespoke product.
- Where appropriate, suggest cost effective designs or processes in order to solve current design challenges or secure future business.
- Supporting commercial and sales teams with developing cost effective sales solutions.
- Assist purchasing team with controls related tenders to sub-contractors.
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the company QHSE Policy.
- All employees are to be familiar with the integrated management system processes and procedures of the Company.
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of IEE regs (BS7671)
- Practical experience in a control panel design, building & testing environment
- Experience in programming controllers and PLC's (Honeywell or similar)
- Site work and commissioning experience
- Experience of HVAC systems
- Good knowledge of system integration, actuators, motors, instrumentation, transducers and sensors
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or similar
- Current driving license
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78307685