EB5043 Workshop Engineer
Salary: £26,000 to £29,000
Hours: Monday to Friday – 08:00am to 16:30pm with 30 minutes’ lunch.
We are now offering an experienced Workshop Engineer an exciting opportunity, to join an international market leader, The Workshop Engineerwill receive an excellent salary including bonuses, to reflect their experience, along with ongoing training and development.
The Engineer will be working on all aspects of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics and pneumatics (preferred). The qualified Engineer will need experience of carrying out maintenance, fault finding and diagnosis on all types of lift trucks. The Workshop Engineer with have a detailed understanding of health and safety within this environment.
Our client has earned the reputation for exceptional product design, engineering and manufacturing within the material handling industry. Their main objective is to invest in their Engineer’s, to ensure the Engineer’s, receive the best product knowledge, training and development, which enables the Workshop Engineers to meet their customers’ demands, and guarantees both quality products, backed up by top level customer service.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- To complete inspections and safety checks in accordance with industry practice and regulations.
- To complete day to day service, repair and maintenance of forklift trucks, handling equipment and plant.
- Complete fault finding and repairs to meet first-fix targets.
- New equipment preparation.
- Sourcing of parts from internal or external supplier.
- Communicate quickly/efficiently to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum and achieve first-fix targets.
- Work to company procedures and current Health and Safety / COSHH regulations.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Proficient in fault finding and repair.
- Experience of Health & Safety requirements working in a workshop practice
- Excellent organisational skills, resourceful and solution driven.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritising workloads to work to tight deadlines.
- Clear communication skills – oral and written.
- Consultation and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility to cope with diverse needs of the post.
- Recent and relevant experience of working in the forklift truck service environment.
- Engineering qualification.
Interested applicants in this Workshop Engineers role, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78309893